Friday, May 04, 2018

Omnom Chocolate

Bean to bar chocolate.  Trendy, not particularly novel.

But Omnom was novel to me for one reason.  It comes from Iceland!  The factory is in Reykjavík, Iceland, and the milk used is Islandic.

I have not been to Iceland, but, a co-worker returned with a selection of chocolates.  Let's just say ... I was impressed!

Who knew they could make good chocolate?

And I like chocolate.
Caramel + Milk.
"Caramel, Fudgy, Rainbow."

The first one I tried was the Caramel + Milk bar, as I was drawn in by the nibs on top.  And the flavor description that promised I'd taste rainbows.

Did I taste rainbows?  Well, no.  But that is ok.

This was a lovely milk chocolate.  Very smooth, subtly sweet from the caramel.  And of course I liked the crunch on top.
Sea Salted Almonds + Milk.
"Almond, Salt, Berry."

This bar was made with beans from Madagascar, in a smooth creamy milk chocolate, with little bits of almond on top.

I'm not generally one for milk chocolates, but this one too was really pleasant, and I appreciated the bit of crunch from the almonds on top.

I didn't taste the "berry", but the almonds were there, and the salt delivered on the finish.  Another nice milk chocolate.
Tanzania 70%.
"Apricot, Raisins, Hazelnut."

Finally, I tried a single origin dark chocolate, from Tanzania.

It was a lovely smooth mid-dark chocolate, nice snap.  Not deep chocolate since it was only 70%, but very enjoyable.

I did taste some "raisin", but not "apricot" or "hazelnut" really.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails