Friday, March 14, 2014

Taste of Nature

I always have some form of granola or snack bar stashed in my purse, for when I'm out running errands and realize it is snack time.  Yet, I still haven't found a brand I really like.  You'd think that I'd give up and just find some kind of alternate snack to carry around (like ... just mixed nuts and chocolate bars?), but alas, I keep trying new bars.  I'm determined.

Taste of Nature makes a variety of snack bars, all USDA certified organic, gluten-free, vegan, kosher, non-GMO, low glycemic, blah, blah, blah.  Made from nuts, seeds, and fruits.  Nutritionally, and buzzword wise, their bars offer a lot.  Unfortunately, I didn't really like them.

The quest continues!
Brazilian Nut Fiesta.
"A Brazil-inspired, festive blend of certified organic nuts, seeds, fruit and crispy brown rice."

The bars also don't contain mystery ingredients.  The nuts are a mix of peanuts, almonds, brazil nuts, and walnuts.  For seeds, there are sunflower and pumpkin.  The "fruit" is just raisins.  Besides the whole grain brown rice, the only other ingredients are the sweeteners, agave nectar and brown rice syrup of course.

And, it tastes like the sum of its parts.  Nothing more, nothing less.  A bunch of seeds mostly, with some bits of nut in there, and a few sweet chewy bits of raisin.  The bar is fairly bitter, dominated by the seeds.  No spicing.

Definitely not my thing, and I wasn't inspired to try any more of their products.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails