Friday, October 18, 2013

Pretzel Crisps

A few years ago, I somehow got my hands on a bag of Pretzel Crisps.  They are basically like flattened out pretzels.  You get the joy of the crunch of eating something like chips, but they are baked and healthier, and make for excellent vessels for dipping, or topping.  The reason I remember these pretzels is because one night, in a random act of snackiness, I made an amazing creation: pretzel crisps, coated with my absolute favorite mustard (Sierra Nevada Pale Ale Mustard, zomg, so good, makes everything amazing), then topped with the pickles and onions from my mom's bread and butter pickle mix.  The next night, I amped it up by melting cheese onto them too (Raclette was the best!).  Don't judge.  It sounds crazy, but it was insanely delicious.

But then I forgot about Pretzel Crisps.  Until last holiday season, when Whole Foods was sampling the seasonal varieties, the "Holiday Indulgents" line: pretzel thins dipped in chocolate and covered with peppermint candy chunks!  The desserty ones were awesome, and reminded me about the whole product line, so I decided to try them out again, particularly as I've been craving snack foods these days.  Pretzel Crisps come in a slew of flavors, ranging from simply salted, to chipotle cheddar, and everything in-between (literally, tee-hee, they make an everything flavor!).
Original, Deli Style Pretzel Crisps.
The original version is just simply salted.  These were the ones I used to make my magical mustard-pickle-cheese snacks on that first occasion.  I've since done this many times.  They also a good conduit for just about any topping.  When I'm really lazy I just use them with the amazing mustard, but mustard + relish or pickles + melted cheese really is the winning mix!
Buffalo Wing, Deli Style Pretzel Crisps.
I was very excited to try out this flavor, as it sounded zesty and fun.  Unfortunately, the flavor just didn't work.  I tried dipping them in a number of things, but they just weren't for me.  I still loved the form factor though.

[ No Photos ]
  • Dark Chocolate & Peppermint: These were their classic salty pretzels, coated in high quality dark chocolate,  and little bits bit of peppermint.  It was a great mix of sweet and salty.  NOMS. 
  • White Chocolate & Peppermint: Like the dark chocolate, but with white chocolate coating.  They were sweeter, and good, but I liked the dark chocolate better.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails