Sunday, July 14, 2013

Emily's Chocolates and Nuts

A few weeks ago, while working my way through a backlog of chocolates, we tried out a dark chocolate bar infused with specks of dried strawberries.  It was good, but left me seriously wanting for something with MORE strawberry, as the little flecks were just a tease (stay tuned for that review, as part of a much bigger series).  What I really wanted was fresh strawberries dipped in dark chocolate, but I settled for something more easily attainable: dark chocolate covered dried strawberries.

This is the only product I've had from Emily's Chocolates & Nuts, but apparently they make a large line of, well, chocolates and nuts :)  They offer plain nuts, and milk and dark chocolate covered confections: nuts, dried fruits, fortune cookies, graham crackers, etc.  Fun packaging and gift boxes are available, if you are looking for that sort of thing.
Dark Chocolate Covered Strawberries.
These were good.  The dark chocolate was decent quality, certainly higher quality than most of the chocolate you get wrapping other ingredients.  The dried strawberries were flavorful.  The ratio was a bit off for me, focusing too much on the chocolate, and not enough on the berry, although, I guess I didn't really want a giant dried strawberry.  It was fun to have something chewy, but just like the aforementioned bar with flecks of strawberries, it really just left me wanting chocolate covered fresh berries.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails