Monday, February 25, 2013

More Quickly

As I mentioned in my post last week, GoPago offered a $5 credit for Valentine's day.  I used part of it to indulge in an apple fritter, and the remainder to enjoy another drink from Quickly.

Since I've reviewed them before, I'll skip the general details, and focus on my drink.

GoPago made ordering super simple.  When I got stuck at a red light a couple away, I selected and easily customized my drink and submitted my order.  By the time I arrived a few minutes later, it was just being finished and placed on the counter.  I was literally in and out of the store in 5 seconds.  You really can't beat that.
Taro Milk Tea with Taro Pudding.  $1.99.
I enjoyed the taro milk tea with tapioca on my last visit, but I pushed myself to try something different this time.  Except, I really still wanted a taro milk tea!

After a few minutes of indecisiveness, I decided I'd still order the taro tea, but I'd change my mix-in.   I considered getting the large tapioca (I got the small last time), but I thought that was kinda cheating on my goal of being different.  I was about to add jellies, when I saw that there were different puddings you could add.  I had absolutely no idea what that meant.  How do you add pudding to a drink?  Turns out, the same way you add jellies - you cut it up into little cubes.

My drink was again a great taro flavor, milky, sweet but not too sweet.  I loved it.  The pudding was ... interesting.  The cubes were very soft, so they didn't have the chew that tapioca does.  I think I enjoyed the tapioca balls more, just for the experience of chewing them.  The pudding chunks also didn't really seem taro flavored, at least, not compared to the drink itself.

I still enjoyed this, but I'd go back to tapioca next time.

As before, $1.99 was a great price (this was still a special, $1.49 plus $0.50 for the pudding add-on).
Quickly Kobe Bento on Urbanspoon

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails