Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Quickly

I grew up in a town with zero asian influence.  I didn't even know that there were asian desserts besides fortune cookies until I moved to San Francisco.  And boba tea?  Definitely not something I'd heard of.  I've only had it a few times in my life, but for some reason, I really started craving one the other day when it was hot out.  Milk tea sounded refreshing, and just so much more fun than an ice tea or lemonade.  I think it had been in the back of my mind since I saw that several of the Quickly locations use GoPago, even though I'd never been to a Quickly before.

I pulled up the menus, and was quickly overwhelmed.  So many flavors, so many add ons, ahh!  There are a slew of Quicklys in the city, but only 3 of them are on GoPago.  One was only a few blocks away, and it had a few specials, a handful of hot and cold drinks.  Being frugal, and totally indecisive, I went for one of them, since it helped narrow down my possibilities considerably.

The service was friendly and efficient.  This location had a small amount of seating downstairs, a ton upstairs, and free wifi, although I didn't stick around to really check any of it out.  I'd definitely go back, as I want to try some of the other creations, like a "snow" and a "slush"!
Taro Milk Tea with Small Boba.  $1.99.
You can't see from this photo, but the drink was a lovely purple color.  It was milky, sweet but not too sweet, and had a good taro flavor.  It was the perfect temperature, not too cold, not too hot, with just a few small chunks of ice cube remaining in it.

Taro milk tea is a bit of a misnomer, as it doesn't contain tea.

I also added in small tapioca, since that is half the fun.  They were also well executed, soft but not mushy, a tiny bit chewy.

Overall, I was really impressed.  A simple drink, but every aspect of it was nicely done.

This was one of the specials, at $1.49 for the drink, plus $0.50 for the add in of the boba, normally $2.75 plus the boba.  An excellent price.  I'd get again.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails