Monday, June 17, 2019

Sushi Fantastic

Update Review June 2019

Remember Sushi Fantastic?  Nah, neither do I.  A casual sushi restaurant just a few blocks from my house, where I ventured years ago to use some free credits on LevelUp, to have some rather forgettable sushi.
Side Salad. $2.
"Iceberg lettuce with miso dressing."

The side salad is a small size, as you'd expect for only $2.

It wasn't quite as advertised, which isn't a bad thing. It wasn't just iceberg lettuce with miso dressing, as there was a chunk of tomato in the container, and other greens (baby spinach in particular), in addition to the iceberg lettuce.

It seemed decent quality though, freshly prepared, crisp lettuce and spinach, no wilting, no browning.  The tomato too seemed as if it had been sliced to order.

It did come dressed already with what I'd consider to be too much vinaigrette, but perhaps that is just because I didn't particularly care for the dressing - I didn't taste miso, and I never really like vinaigrettes anyway.  It sorta just seemed like soy sauce.

Still, for a $2 side salad, a decent product, that could make sense alongside your meal.

Original Review August 2012

I continued on my quest to use my LevelUp free credits, and decided to stop in at Sushi Fantastic, to get a little bit of sushi to go along with my dinner.

Sushi Fantastic is a very casual place, you order at a counter, and then either take your food TOGO or sit in the seating downstairs.  The staff were very friendly.

It didn't quite live up to its name.  I don't really see any reason to go back.
Tamago Nigiri.  $3.
I always end sushi meals with an order of tamago.  I call it my dessert.  When it is good, I love it.  But it is often fairly disappointing, even at great sushi restaurants.  But, I was trying to stick to my $2 free credit budget, so I couldn't actually afford any fish.  Tamago or inari were my choices, so I went with the tamago.

It was listed on the menu for $2, but I was charged $3.  I double checked the online menu after, and saw that it also said $2.  Grumble.

Anyway, my order was served with some mediocre pickled ginger, carrot curls, and some flavorless wasabi.  The tamago was not as sweet as I like, and otherwise unremarkable.  Not bad, but not good.  The rice was actually pretty decent, it didn't fall apart, and had a good vinegar level.
Sushi Fantastic Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails