Friday, August 10, 2012

Milkshake from Roxy's Cafe

It was a beautiful, sunny day in the Mission.  And I had GoPago credits burning a hole in my pocket.  What better way to celebrate than with a milkshake?

I quickly found a place a few blocks away that had milkshakes on the menu.  I cross checked with Yelp, and found a slew of positive reviews.  Sold!

I walked into Roxy's Cafe, and was greeted by a nice man behind the counter.  There were no other customers, but another woman was in there, slicing produce at one of the tables.  Along with a couple tables, there were stools along a counter.  A big menu board advertised some sandwiches and other specials, and listed smoothies and milkshakes, but gave no descriptions.  Almost as if reading my mind, the man presented me with 4 laminated menus, listing out the insane selection of choices.  Basically, any fruits, candies, etc that you could desire, mixed up into your favorite frozen concoction.  So many choices!

I took a few minutes to read over the options, weighing my choices.  Did I want a light, refreshing smoothie?  Or did I want to go all out, and get a decadent, peanut butter cheesecake oreo cookie crumble milkshake?  I settled for something in the middle.  You could also add in malt, or sub out the whole milk for soy milk, and of course top it with whipped cream.

Overall, it was a fine milk shake, but nothing different than what I'd make myself.  Still, it was perfectly satisfying on a hot sunny day, and, like all of my experiences thus far, GoPago worked perfectly!
Shamrock Milkshake, Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream,  Whole Milk, Whipped Cream.  $3.50.
Sweet, minty, with bits of chocolate chips broken up inside for some fun texture.  Pretty standard quality ice cream and milk, whipped cream from a can.  Large size (16 ounces) for $3.50, a decent deal.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails